Use of indoor respiratory protection mask in the workplace
- Mandatory to wear a mask in health centers, for all staff
- Mandatory wearing a mask in health centers (residences), for workers and visitors (not residents).
- Mandatory to wear a mask on public transport (trips to work)
- In the workplace the use of the mask will be:
- Mandatory when it is not possible to maintain a distance of at least 1.5 meters and the space where this situation occurs does not have proper ventilation according to RD 486/1997 (consult the risk assessment of the center to check if this requirement is met).
- Recommended for personnel especially vulnerable to covid infections
- Recommended in enclosed spaces for public use where people stay for a long time (conventions, etc.).
The course of action has not been changed in the event of any symptoms of covid-19 infection. In this case, it is still advisable for the person with symptoms to wear a mask.
If there is no ventilation or distance in the workplace, it has already been indicated that workers will be required to wear a mask. But if there are customers, the RD states that for them it is only recommended (not mandatory). It will be the employer who will have to set the rules for the customers he considers appropriate